Law enforcement from around Bucks County came out Monday evening to remember fallen lawmen.
The annual ceremony following the national Police Week was held at St. Andrew Catholic Church in Newtown Township. It drew police from all parts of the county, including numerous departments from the Levittown area.
Members of law enforcement escorted the families of the fallen responders into the church for the ceremony.
A moment of silence was held to remember Trooper Donald C. Brackett, 58, of Bensalem, who died on the weekend after an apparent medical emergency while on duty along the Pennsylvania Turnpike near the interchange in Bensalem.
Brackett’s death was the first police line of duty death in Bucks County since Middletown police Detective Christopher Jones was killed along Route 1 in 2009.
- Middletown Township Detective Christopher Jones, Jan. 29, 2009, struck by car
- Newtown Borough Officer Brian S. Gregg, Sept. 29, 2005, shot by a suspect
- Plumstead Township Officer Joseph E. Hanusey III, May 18, 2002, vehicle accident
- County Park Ranger Stanley E. Flynn, June 9, 1993, medical condition
- Deputy Sheriff Thomas A. Bateman, Sept. 22, 1986, vehicle accident
- Deputy Sheriff George M. Warta Jr., Sept. 22, 1986, vehicle accident
- Bensalem Township Officer Robert A. Yezzi, Aug. 12, 1980, struck by a car
- Bensalem Township Officer James K. Armstrong, April 15, 1975, shot by a suspect
- Bristol Township Sgt. George M. Stuckey, March 29, 1972, shot by suspect
- Dublin Borough Chief Eli M. Myers, Oct. 31, 1965, struck by a car
- Bucks County Sheriff Abraham L. Kulp, Feb. 24, 1927, shot by a suspect
- State Constable Henry A. Kolbe, Sept. 22, 1914, shot while arresting a fugitive