Newtown’s annual Memorial Day Parade will take place Monday.
The parade will start at 9 a.m. following an 8:30 a.m. ceremony at the St. Andrew’s Cemetery on South Sycamore Street.
The popular community parade, which is put on by the Morell Smith American Legion Post 440, will march from the Commons West Building on Newtown-Yardley Road. The parade will make its way through Newtown before ending at the Morell Smith American Legion Post 440 on Linden Avenue.
The Grand Marshall for the parade is Norm Moorhead.
The parade will feature veterans, community groups, emergency responders and the Council Rock High School North marching band. Fred Beans will be the event speaker.
Newtown Borough police released the following information on parking in town:
Temporary no parking starting at 8 a.m.
- South Elm Avenue between Washington Avenue and Centre Avenue
- Centre Avenue between Lincoln Avenue and Congress Street
- South Congress Street between Centre Avenue and Washington Avenue
- State Street between Greene Street Street Centre Avenue
Road closure begin at 8:45 a.m.
- Washington Avenue between Terry Drive and Sycamore Street
- Lincoln Avenue between Greene Street and Penn Street
- State Street between Jefferson Avenue and Centre Avenue
- Centre Avenue
- Congress Street
Road Closures for Newtown Township:
- Richboro Road between the Newtown Bypass and South Sycamore Street
- South Sycamore Street between Washington Avenue and Cambridge Lane
- Newtown Yardley Road between Terry Drive and Elm Avenue