Tax day – April 15, 2019 – is here and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is awaiting your tax return.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) said that again this year the majority of people beat filing deadline.
As in past years, post offices are prepared for heavier than usual traffic on tax day. Locally, post offices are open for regular hours, according to the U.S. Postal Service.
Here’s list of local post offices and their hours:
- 20 Terry Drive, Newtown: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- 4122 Township Line Rd, Wycomb: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 1089 Durham Rd, Pineville: 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 842 Durham Rd, Newtown (Penns Park): 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 1077 River Rd #1, Washington Crossing: 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
The IRS said they estimated they received 14.8 million individual income tax returns by last Friday afternoon. Most of those returns are expected to be filed electronically.