The Bucks County Intermediate Unit recently held its annual Caring Community Awards celebration, honoring individuals who have made exceptional contributions to intermediate unit programs and students.
The event took place last Thursday at the Bucks County Intermediate Unit’s Administrative Office in Doylestown Township.
The Caring Community award winners were recognized with personalized award certificates and were invited to attend the celebratory event. The evening featured a slide presentation showcasing all the nominees and their accomplishments, as well as light refreshments for attendees.
“We are grateful to our Caring Community for the support and opportunities they generously provide to our students and staff. The partnerships highlighted tonight showcase the power that results when we work together to provide amazing opportunities for students across Bucks County,” said Dr. Mark Hoffman, executive director of the Bucks County Intermediate Unit.
This year’s Caring Community Awards recognized 98 people from a diverse range of local businesses and industries, nonprofit agencies, local government offices, community volunteers, retirees, and school district personnel.
The award nominations were submitted by Bucks County Intermediate Unit staff and were based on the nominees’ work with the organization during the past academic year(s).
The recipients of the Caring Community Award were acknowledged for their significant impact in assisting and supporting Bucks County Intermediate Unit staff and various programs.
“The person or services being recognized are those that are seen as having made a significant impact by assisting and supporting Bucks IU staff and our various programs, offering supports and mentoring to students and families, and providing experiential opportunities to students,” according to the intermediate unit.
This year’s Caring Community Awards winners are listed below:
• Andy’s Brick Shop
• Art in the POD
• Bagel Barrel
• Bucks County Area Agency on Aging
• Bucks County Center for Independent Living
• Bucks County Commissioner’s Offices (DiGirolamo, Ellis-Marseglia, Harvie)
• Bucks County Community College
• Bucks County Community College – Bristol Campus
• Bucks County District Attorney’s Office
• Bucks County Free Library
• Bucks County Government
• Bucks County Government – Neshaminy Manor
• Bucks County Government – Register of Wills
• Bucks County Opportunity Council
• Bucks County Public Defenders’ Office
• Bucks County SPCA
• Bucks County Transport
• Bucks County YMCA, Doylestown
• Calhoun Associates Inc.
• Caring For Friends
• Centennial School District
• Central Bucks School District
• Coach’s Steak & Hoagie House
• Comedy Cabaret
• Community Volunteers (Bill, Carl, Debbie, Dale, Dorothy, Lisa, Janet, and Kathy)
• Domino’s Pizza, Doylestown
• Doyle Elementary School
• Edison Court
• Elmwood Park Zoo
• Evolution Candy
• First United Methodist Church of Bristol
• Fusion Kitchen and Catering
• Giant, Doylestown
• Good Stuff Thrift
• Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County
• Hellerick’s Family Farms
• HG Bucks Bagels
• Kampi Components Co., Inc
• Kampus Klothes
• Lansdale Historical Society
• Maryanne Pastry Shoppe
• Nat’s Pizza
• Olive Garden, Langhorne
• Penn Community Bank
• Piazza’s Bakery
• Salvatore’s Cucina
• Soulful Blessings
• Speed Raceway
• The Country Gentlemen
• The Healthy Shack
• Thunderbird Lanes Bowling Center
• United Way of Bucks County
• Villa Capri
• Weis Markets, Doylestown
• Worthwhile Thrift
The Bucks County Intermediate Unit serves all of the school districts in the county and operates multiple campuses.